We use a proprietary design called the Whiting Edge System to create a secure barrier and roof edge warning along the roof line. Gene Whiting began developing it in the late 1980’s to eliminate the need for plastic to hang over the building. The Whiting Edge System is a valuable tool in:
- Minimizing impact on customer/business activity at the ground level.
- Containing overspray and debris.
- Allowing quick install and removal of the barrier.
- Allowing the barrier to remain in place for the entire job.
- Withstanding breezy conditions without the problem of plastic hanging down.
- Allowing a variety of materials to be used, such as cardboard, burlap, and orange safety net.
SPF Roofing – Top Benefits Elimination of air infiltration – the major reason for loss of energy. Impressive insulation of R-6.5 per inch initial value and R-7 per inch aged value. Real strength without significantly increasing weight on roof. Works with virtually all existing roof surfaces. Highly resistant to hurricane-force winds. Corrections to damaged and/or poor drainage. Non-absorption of water due to the foam’s closed-cell roofing system. Reduced sound transmission. Cost effective to install and maintain over many years vs. traditional roofing systems. Texas A&M studies indicate that an SPF roof in Texas and other Southern climates can pay for itself in 5 years, 2 months. To read more, click here.